9 bedrooms • 210 m²
€ 7,000 (excl.)
- Price€ 7,000 (excl.)
- Living area210 m²
MOESTUINLAAN 34 - AMSTERDAM
Price pm. € 7.000
We proudly present a unique living experience in the center of Amsterdam.
If you love water, nature and want to live peacefully, while enjoying the luxury of a water-villa but still want to live in a city then this is something worth looking into.
A houseboat (210 m2) with roof terrace (40 m2) and garden (110 m2)
Build and designed by the owner who is an architect, specialized in residences.
The houseboat has lovely details throughout the whole houseboat that show the amount of love the owner put in to it. Even the furniture has been designed by the architect. At the moment the houseboat is still under construction. It will be finished around the first of October. You could be the first resident of this unique houseboat.
Something about the location:
* The houseboat is located in what is considered by locals to be one of the better spots of Amsterdam these days. Just outside the buzzing center across the IJ. This area used to be an industrial area, which was taken over by artists when the industry moved out. Only recently Amsterdam has started to develop this area, which is now a hotspot of Amsterdam with a lot of things happening at the old shipyard NDSM with different types of restaurants, ranging from hippy style to marina all near the waterfront.
* The location is easily reached from central station by ferry, which takes only 10 minutes and is free of charge. From there it is only 5 minutes by bicycle to the houseboat.
* Public transport is a 2-minute walk and will take you to central station in 12 minutes.
* The highway around Amsterdam is just 2 minutes away and takes you to Schiphol in 15 minutes.
* The houseboat is at the end of a dead end street where only bikes can pass. Meaning there is not a lot of traffic and always a free parking place in front of the houseboat.
* From the houseboat one can take a boat and sail to the famous canals of Amsterdam in about 15 minutes.
* The water on which the houseboat floats on is connected to the IJ, which means it’s clean. Meaning you can jump out of your living room into the water on a hot day.
* There are two supermarkets nearby. “Plus” which is two minutes by foot and Albert Heijn, which is two minutes by bicycle.
* A primary school is just around the corner next to the supermarket “Plus”.
* There is also a high school in the neighborhood (12 min. by bike).
Something about the houseboat:
* The name “houseboat” comes from the time that boats were being used to live in. To call this a houseboat might give the wrong impression. The houseboat has 210 m2 of living space. Nowadays they are called water villas but for locals this is a bit too pretentious.
* The owner who is an Architect designed the interior of the houseboat. Together with his partner they have been building their dream house for over two years. They expect to be finished at the end of summer 2018.
* The houseboat has two levels, one below water level and the other one above. The entrance hall is situated between these levels from where you can choose to go up - or downstairs.
* Going down takes you to a hall which connects
o The technical area with washing machine, dryer and a place to hang your wash.
o Big closet for shoes and coats
o Entrance room which connects two bedrooms and a bathroom with bath
* Going up you enter the open kitchen, dining room, living room and a storage kitchen. The ceiling is very high (+380 cm) which gives it a grandeur feeling.
* The living room consists of a lounge deck and design furniture which the architect designed and produced himself and tribute to his philosophy of organic living.
* The high sliding window door gives you the feeling that you are part of the surrounding nature. In winter when the sun is shining it feels like you are on a holiday with temperatures rising up to 24º while in summer opening some doors can easily control the temperature. The effect of a full moon is something to be experienced.
* On this same level there is a bedroom with private bathroom and a walk in closet.
* The houseboat has a separate apartment with its own entrance door, which means guests don’t have to pass through the main house. It has a living area with a kitchenette, two bed-cupboards (160x200 & 140x200 cm) and a bathroom.
Something about the outside areas:
* Exceeding the length of the houseboat there is a garden, which is divided in two by a garden shed (12 m2). One side is a kitchen garden with a big pick nick table and a barbeque (50 m2) and the other side is a private
garden with a grass field (40 m2). Both receive the sun from sunrise till about 6pm depending on the time of year.
* Between the shore and the houseboat there is deck (10m2) with a small sitting area that takes you to the entrance door and a possible boat, which can be parked next to the houseboat.
* Finally there is a private roof terrace (40 m2), which is only accessible from the upper level, which receives the sun from sunrise till about 6pm depending on the time of year.
- Rental price 7000, - ex utilities
- Deposit two months
- Available from October 1st (earlier might be possible)